Best Practices for Interviewing Remotely
with Zain Al Jaber
Meet Zain Al Jaber, Client Manager at Peak Sales Recruiting
00:20 Best Practices for Interviewing Remotely – Three Key Tips for Remote Interviews:
- Setting up interviews:
- Preferably book candidates in for a video call. Video interviews leave a stronger impact and allow for better engagement.
- Things to look for; body language, the way the candidates present themselves, are they punctual, is the background professional? Are they someone who I can proudly present to my client?
- Always send a calendar invite for the call to ensure candidates do not miss the call.
- Research candidates before interviews:
- Ask the candidate to provide a resume prior to the call.
- Go through their LinkedIn profile and understand what industries they are in. Get an idea about what their current employer sells.
- Identify any mutual connections to break the ice and make the interview more of a conversation.
- Best Practices in interviewing remotely:
- Always ask if it is still a good time to chat. Ensure both the candidate and the recruiter are in a reasonably quiet place.
- Consider that there might be some connection delays, ask the questions clearly and pause.
- Ask open ended questions that will allow the potential candidate to elaborate on their experience.
02:15 How to structure the interview process in order to gain the needed information from candidates?
- Best practices involve clients to allocate 1 hour time slot to interview candidates for an initial interview.
- Leave a buffer time of 30 mins between candidates interviews to ensure all gathered information is noted properly.
02:32 HELPFUL TIP
02:50 Questions to ask candidates to ensure they have done their homework
- To ensure the candidates are well prepared, ask questions: What do you know about our company? What makes you excited about our organization? How do you feel about the territory X that you will be responsible for?
- ALWAYS ask the candidates if they have any questions about the role/company. Typically when they have a number of questions prepared, they have done a good job researching the company and the role.
Reach out to the Peak Sales Team for your hiring needs: www.peaksalesrecruiting.com
Latest posts by Eliot Burdett (see all)
- How To Onboard New Sales Reps 50% Faster - April 22, 2022
- Top 10 Leadership Podcasts To Listen To In 2022 - January 13, 2022
- Motivate Your Sales Team in 2022: The 10 Point Checklist - January 5, 2022