Remote work is here to stay, and innovative companies are learning how to accommodate their out-of-office employees better. Hiring remote reps can give you access to a new pool of top salespeople, cut compensation costs, and offer flexible work benefits to A-players looking for independence. Maximize the benefits of remote work by checking off our remote rep prep list!
1. Invest In At-Home Work Infrastructure
Provide materials and technology that your employee will need to work from home comfortably. Consider monetary subsidies for remote reps as well.
2. Stay In Touch With Remote Reps
Research shows simple procedures like daily check-ins and team meetings can positively contribute to organizational culture.
3. Promote Information and Knowledge Sharing
Set up topical Slack channels that help employees share what they’re learning, what’s working, and what’s not working.
4. Build a Culture of Trust to Reduce Frustrations
Facilitate 1:1 meetings that assess performance, allow two-way feedback, and affirm remote reps’ performance.
5. Promote Employee Engagement
Activities like video calls help to foster connections. Hosting virtual meet-ups and online games can boost competitive spirits and morale.
6. Set Realistic Expectations
Set expectations with your team about goals, effective communication, and information sharing from the beginning. Transparency is vital to remote rep success.
7. Tap Into Team Resources
Setting up remote reps is a task that your IT, HR, Finance, and other departments should all be a part of, too. Communicate your goals and limitations. Then, ask for help!
Is your remote sales team growing? Contact us to tap into our worldwide network of sales experts today.
Latest posts by Eliot Burdett (see all)
- 31 Must-Know Sales Follow-Up Statistics for 2024 Success – December 21, 2023
- 7 Success Characteristics That Define Top Performers – December 19, 2023
- 5 Reasons Your Top Employees Quit (Stop Doing This to Stop Them Leaving) – December 14, 2023