Remote Company Culture
with Kelly Ruddick
Meet Kelly Ruddick, Chief Spirit Officer at Peak Sales Recruiting
- Meet Kelly Ruddick, Chief Spirit Officer at Peak Sales Recruiting. Her role is to keep people connected.
00:10 Remote Company Culture
- Given title Chief Spirit Officer. Any company that adopts this role to specifically keep their people connected are ahead of the rest because they are focussing on their people
- So many aspects to keeping people connect, especially for remote work
- We want new hires to feel connected
- It’s about the personal touch when onboarding and making an effort to get to know them and have them feel welcome and part of the team.
00:54 Onboarding Process
- The CSO is one of the first touchpoint after getting hired
- Main point of contact, helping direct
- We have a questionnaire so we can get to know new hires a bit better. What they like, what their personality might be…
- It’s the little details that make people feel welcomed and valued.
1:48 Onboarding Tools
- Receive onboarding kit (laptop, headset, extra monitor, some books, and a little treat, welcome basket, company swag.
2:08 We Like to Celebrate!
We like to celebrate birthdays and anniversaries. Friendship Festivities as our Holiday Party. This year we went remote. We pulled off a wonderful virtual party – rave reviews!
2:44 Hashtag Days!
- We try not to overwhelm anybody as well. We don’t want TOO much. It’s a matter of finding balance.
- When you can have your staff connecting socially outside of work, that’s where the bonds and future friendships are built
- The way we’ve managed to do that is by hosting virtual escape rooms, #ThirstyThursdays, #WorkoutWednesdays…
- We will be hosting a lunch n’ learn series called “How to Win at Life” where we will bring in speakers from the Finance industry who can show us how to invest properly, to a mindfulness coach who can show us how to meditate and manage stresses.
- Anytime we can provide value to an employee’s life, they will in turn bring their best selves to work! That’s all anybody could ever ask for. If you have a full team of people bringing in their best selves to work every day…you are winning #WINNING
3:55 Companies Should Adopt This Role
- So many companies don’t have any of this at all.
- We’re already ahead of the game. We have someone looking out for Peak’s People!
- “Give everybody the tools that they need to even get through the pandemic!”
Reach out to the Peak Sales Team for your hiring needs: www.peaksalesrecruiting.com
Latest posts by Eliot Burdett (see all)
- How To Onboard New Sales Reps 50% Faster - April 22, 2022
- Top 10 Leadership Podcasts To Listen To In 2022 - January 13, 2022
- Motivate Your Sales Team in 2022: The 10 Point Checklist - January 5, 2022