Nothing in life is as much fun as having fun and that is why its always great to try and turn work into a game. Sales competitions are powerful motivators because they bring out the competitive spirit in sales people and encourage sales team members to have fun while they are working hard.
Put some fun into your team when you gamify your sales efforts with these sales gamification methods:
- Scoreboard – we have a big screen TV in our office that tracks metrics vs Q goals and all of us look at it regularly while we scheme ways to improve the results.
- Prizes – obviously the sales commission is the big prize, but find ways to add rewards for finishing first, second, and third amongst a team and watch the team compete. The prizes don’t he to be large or even financial, sometimes a toy trophy is all it takes to create the right mood.
- Mini competitions -Incent the behaviors that lead to sales for instance a competition for most calls or meetings, or create energy surges by having a contes for most calls in a day or most meetings in a week.
- Apps – there are several apps that tie in to CRM data and allow you to get granular with the games assigning points to different events and updating results in real time.
- Have fun – encourage team members to pick goofy nicknames that can be used on the scoreboard which further enhance the sport and spirit of competition.
Your sales will never be the same. To your success!
Eliot received his B. Comm. from Carleton University and has been honored as a Top 40 Under 40 Award winner.
He co-authored Sales Recruiting 2.0, How to Find Top Performing Sales People, Fast and provides regular insights on sales team management and hiring on the Peak Sales Recruiting Blog.
Latest posts by Eliot Burdett (see all)
- B2B Sales: 7 Ways It’s Changing Fast - October 15, 2018
- Common Traits and Characteristics – Top Performing Sales Organizations - September 14, 2018
- 65 Sales Interview Questions to Ask Sales Candidates - January 14, 2018