Right now? Actually there are better times than others, according to a new report published by InsideSales.com and MIT (hat tip to HT to Engage Selling for picking up this story). In the study, entitled the Lead Response Management Study, MIT and InsideSales.com looked at 3 years of data across six companies that generate and response to web leads, from over fifteen thousand leads and over one hundred thousand call attempts.
- Wednesdays and Thursdays are the best days to call to make contact with a lead. In fact, Thursday is a 49.7% better day to call than the worst day, Tuesday.
- 8-9am and 4-5pm are the best times to call to qualify a lead
- there is a dramatic drop in the odds of contacting and qualifying leads if you wait to begin calling for just 1 hour. Contacting within 5 minutes of receiving a new lead create far superior results than waiting even ten minutes
While there is no time like the present to be developing new business, there is a lot to be said for being efficient with your time. Reps, especially those with less experience, are often unaware of the science behind reaching people, so if you are managing junior reps, make sure your sales management regime includes guidance on time management.
Eliot received his B. Comm. from Carleton University and has been honored as a Top 40 Under 40 Award winner.
He co-authored Sales Recruiting 2.0, How to Find Top Performing Sales People, Fast and provides regular insights on sales team management and hiring on the Peak Sales Recruiting Blog.
Latest posts by Eliot Burdett (see all)
- B2B Sales: 7 Ways It’s Changing Fast - October 15, 2018
- Common Traits and Characteristics – Top Performing Sales Organizations - September 14, 2018
- 65 Sales Interview Questions to Ask Sales Candidates - January 14, 2018