It is a few days before quarter end and if you are like most sales leaders, you are in the final push to hit your number, so here are the top ways to squeeze as much revenue as possible from your team over the next few days.
1. Prioritize the Deals – If your business involves a number of key deals, run through the pipe and target the deals that must close (I assume you have already done this by now, but still worth mentioning so it stays at the very top of your list).
2. Ask the Hard Questions – Do customer stakeholders have all the necessary information to make a decision, do they have time in their schedule for necessary sign-offs? Be proactive, book their time in advance.
3. Line up Legal – has legal signed off on both sides of the deal? Again be proactive by scheduling time in advance (your legal and client legal) and identifying any potential showstoppers could kill the deal. Make sure your legal is aware of your deals and can give you upfront advice on potential issues so that you know what you need to negotiate and what to avoid.
4. Line up your Revenue Recognition – If you are a publicly traded company, you need to make sure you have enough time to get sign-off from your rev rec department. Your reps need to know in advance what potential revenue recognition issues exist – nothing hurts more than not being able to book a deal because something doesn’t line up with the paperwork.
5. Keep Pushing – Keep the motivation and energy levels high as you drive to the finish and don’t let anyone give up. Keep going with internal competitions and spiffs if your business involves short sales cycles/transaction volume. Stay in front and connected to all your reps.
And finally if you are lucky enough to have already hit your quarter, what are you doing to maintain your momentum going into next Q.
Eliot received his B. Comm. from Carleton University and has been honored as a Top 40 Under 40 Award winner.
He co-authored Sales Recruiting 2.0, How to Find Top Performing Sales People, Fast and provides regular insights on sales team management and hiring on the Peak Sales Recruiting Blog.
Latest posts by Eliot Burdett (see all)
- 20 Of Our Favorite Books About Sales Management and Sales Leadership – October 20, 2023
- How To Make Progress On Your Sales Goal Without A Sales Leader – September 15, 2021
- Augment Your Recruiting Strategy During “The Great Resignation” – July 26, 2021