Most companies have a good understanding of their ideal client, behaviors and buying patterns, but few differentiate between male and female buyers. There are mountains of studies that show that women and men think differently on a variety of different topics, so it stands to reason that they buy differently, so why don’t more companies tailor selling tactics to male and female prospects? Is it political correctness, or obliviousness that gets in the way? Probably both.
Some answers exist over at Majority Marketing where they have some thought provoking articles and very useful tips on how to sell to women.
To continue reading this post, click here >>
In 3 Ways to “Help Her Buy” research highlights the differences between the ways men and women shop:
- men move faster than women through a store’s aisles
- men spend less time looking than women
- men don’t like asking where things are, or any other questions
- 65% of male shoppers who tried something on bought it, as opposed to 25% of female shoppers.
The article offers useful advice on how to approach selling to a woman:
- Help Her Gather Information
- Help Her Evaluate Options
- Help Her Make a “Perfect” Decision
Eliot received his B. Comm. from Carleton University and has been honored as a Top 40 Under 40 Award winner.
He co-authored Sales Recruiting 2.0, How to Find Top Performing Sales People, Fast and provides regular insights on sales team management and hiring on the Peak Sales Recruiting Blog.
Latest posts by Eliot Burdett (see all)
- How To Make Progress On Your Sales Goal Without A Sales Leader - September 15, 2021
- Augment Your Recruiting Strategy During “The Great Resignation” - July 26, 2021
- London Sales Recruiters: 3 Recruitment Insights & Trends - August 5, 2020