How are your numbers looking one month into the quarter? We polled our network of VP Sales to see what is at the top of their dashboard for evaluating the health of the sales effort running towards quarter end. Here are the top responses:
1. Pipeline – is it above or below the target multiple (typically 3-4x) and is it leading or trailing?
2. Activity volumes – are calls, meetings, proposals, etc. in line with ratios required to hit targets?
3. Forecast to Actual – is week to week accuracy improving or deteriorating?
4. Slide – what percentage of forecasted deals are sliding into the next month?
5. Top customers – how many generated revenue / were contacted?
While each VP’s list might be slightly different one thing is for sure, everyone is tracking things very closely – these are not forgiving times.
To win, your sales force has to be operating at full steam ahead.
Eliot received his B. Comm. from Carleton University and has been honored as a Top 40 Under 40 Award winner.
He co-authored Sales Recruiting 2.0, How to Find Top Performing Sales People, Fast and provides regular insights on sales team management and hiring on the Peak Sales Recruiting Blog.
Latest posts by Eliot Burdett (see all)
- B2B Sales: 7 Ways It’s Changing Fast - October 15, 2018
- Common Traits and Characteristics – Top Performing Sales Organizations - September 14, 2018
- 65 Sales Interview Questions to Ask Sales Candidates - January 14, 2018