With just under 6 weeks until quarter end, you are focused on making sure all of your reps are pushing deals through their pipelines. Perhaps some deals are moving slowly or stalled. Here are four things your reps can do to get stalled deals moving again:
1. Reiterate upfront contracts – when the prospect was initially qualified, both parties should have agreed to next steps and obligations so now would be a perfect time to remind the prospect what was agreed.
2. Check your assumptions – often reps can’t see the forest for the trees so help them take a step back and review their position in the selling cycle, that they are speaking to the real decision maker, and that they are addressing the prospect’s real buying motivations.
3. Stay calm and be persistent – don’t assume that silence means the deal is dead, so keep trying to make contact and be sure to be friendly and polite to avoid creating any perception you are stalking the prospect.
4. Offer to walk away – you may trigger a response from your prospect by calling or emailing to let them know that you are assuming the need no longer exists and that you will be ending your pursuit – they may feel obligated to set the record straight.
Eliot received his B. Comm. from Carleton University and has been honored as a Top 40 Under 40 Award winner.
He co-authored Sales Recruiting 2.0, How to Find Top Performing Sales People, Fast and provides regular insights on sales team management and hiring on the Peak Sales Recruiting Blog.
Latest posts by Eliot Burdett (see all)
- How To Make Progress On Your Sales Goal Without A Sales Leader - September 15, 2021
- Augment Your Recruiting Strategy During “The Great Resignation” - July 26, 2021
- London Sales Recruiters: 3 Recruitment Insights & Trends - August 5, 2020