In the weeks to come we are going to address the various questions that a VP of Sales or CEO are faced with as they are looking at developing a kick-a$$, bullet-proof sales recruiting strategy and process. These strategies will apply whether you are a VP Sales/CEO of a enterprise or a small company.
The topics we will ask and address are as follows:
- Creating a large candidate pool
- Developing pre-defined success criteria
- Defining an effective interview process (who does what & when)
- Conduct effective sales interviews
- Using tools and exercises to help you assess the suitability of candidates
- Pre-negotiating compensation before the offer
- Ensuring candidates are not counter-offered.
- Checking references and how do to a sales specific reference
Eliot received his B. Comm. from Carleton University and has been honored as a Top 40 Under 40 Award winner.
He co-authored Sales Recruiting 2.0, How to Find Top Performing Sales People, Fast and provides regular insights on sales team management and hiring on the Peak Sales Recruiting Blog.
Latest posts by Eliot Burdett (see all)
- How To Make Progress On Your Sales Goal Without A Sales Leader - September 15, 2021
- Augment Your Recruiting Strategy During “The Great Resignation” - July 26, 2021
- London Sales Recruiters: 3 Recruitment Insights & Trends - August 5, 2020