Our client is at a turning point in history. Climate change is changing the world faster than ever before. Utilities will play a crucial role in the transformation of our society to fight climate change and become carbon-neutral, while at the same time making sure people and businesses can continue to use energy supply like they've been used to for so many years.
They are determined to not stay aside but to make a real impact on the utility industry by providing data services that allow utilities to play the role they need to play in the quest for a net-zero society. By building something that solves a real problem, and by being the best at what they can do.
As a Solution Consultant, you work together with our sales team and energy & utilities prospects on defining and understanding the solution requirements about pricing, forecasting, billing, hedging, settlement, insight analysis and reporting. With your knowledge of US energy markets, you display expertise and can connect with customer business experts to work together on creating the perfect solution.
Starting with the lead generation phase, all the way throughout the handover to the implementation team, you participate actively in workshops with different stakeholders. You’re the driving force in workshops and can demonstrate the various options and powerful features of Our client to fulfill the prospect’s needs. You can articulate requirements back to Our client’s delivery and product teams to build delivery plans and continually improve our product capability in the US region.
You analyze and understand a prospect’s sales process and pricing processes. By gathering information, you can accurately write project proposals, create and give tailored demos, and respond to RFPs. You pride yourself on a qualitative touchpoint with the prospect every time.
As a strong believer in co-creation and teamwork, you naturally do all of this in close collaboration with your colleagues and partners.
● Support the identification, pursuit and closure of new sales opportunities through the successful execution of Our client’s sales methodology.
● Leverage and effectively communicate Our client’s solutions within the energy & utility market to broaden Our client’s presence and create new opportunities.
● Conduct customer site surveys with prospective customers to meet and understand the users; identify their requirements and potential pain points.
● Participate in defining the prospect customer’s business requirements, needs and objectives.
● Create individual product demonstrations that exemplify how the Our client solution can best meet each prospect’s requirements.
● Create and deliver informed, high-quality solution presentations in support of Corporate Marketing and Field Marketing events and programs.
● Support the Product Management activities in relation to providing customer-specific requirements to continuously evolve the Our client solution in the market.
● Communicate the business requirements to the project/implementation team after the completion of each sale to ensure a smooth transition from pre-sales to implementation stages, warranting a continuous degree of customer satisfaction.
● Build strong customer relationships by consistently setting realistic expectations early in each sales campaign and meeting or exceeding those expectations.
● Communicate and collaborate on opportunity plans and sales strategies with other members of the virtual account team, as well as Our client field and corporate management.
● Continuously benchmark and gather knowledge of competitors and partner solutions to assist in effectively positioning Our client solutions as the top pricing and forecasting solution in the market.
● Drive the business forward by developing an innovative and personalized approach to new and existing customers that builds the Our client brand and reputation within the region.
● Support implementation teams by acting as subject matter experts in both the industry and the application.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
● US energy & utility market knowledge and experience, advantage if this experience is in a retail energy setting
● BA/BS degree or equivalent in experience
● Proven experience within the complex enterprise SaaS software market
● Knowledge of cloud and hosted application architecture
● An enthusiastic self-starter with proven problem-solving skills
● Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
● Excellent oral and written communication skills
● Dynamic presentation skills and the ability to develop others
● Exposure to a virtual account team selling environment is desirable
● General familiarity with consultative selling training methodologies
● You are a people person, just as much as a subject matter expert
● Keen to travel extensively across the US/EMEA region
● Pioneer the US market
What you get
You become part of an ambitious organization and an enthusiastic team with a mindset to win! As our client is growing at an incredible pace, you can leave your mark – growing alongside our client.
We actively challenge ourselves and our colleagues, in order to always improve our skills, methodology, and capabilities. Lifelong learning is essentially embedded in our organization, and we care about your individual dreams and ambitions, beyond just work.
On top of that, our remuneration approach is clear and no-nonsense, just like our feedback culture and personal development approach. You'll be able to join a team from wherever you'd like to work – equipped with the best technology for remote work. We'll provide access to an office space near you whenever you like, as well as frequent travels to meet your colleagues in person, making sure you'll never feel lonely.