with Ryan Thornton
Meet Ryan Thornton, Operations Manager at Peak Sales Recruiting
00:14 Best Practices of Remote Training
- With the big shift to remote work: more than reasonable to expect people to come prepared with knowledge on how to run a virtual call.
- Etiquette for video calls
- Make a push to default to video calls internally to give extra personal touch
00:47 Onboarding Material
- Training articles, reading material, how-to videos
- Make sure you have all that material, up-to-date and accessible through company portal or shared drive
- Make sure it’s organized and structured in a way that makes sense (chronologically or by topic)
1:29 Structure in Remote Onboarding
- In that first week, might mean; Set goals, Get to know your teammates, Understand company culture, Understand your CRM system for sales people as example
- HR policies that need to be adhered to and admin duties
- Expand upon that and look into your first month, first quarter, first year…the structure changes i.e. A new sales person may be expected to achieve revenue within 90 days or should have KPI’s in place to measure success. If that sales person is expected to achieve X amount within your business in Q1 as example, you need to make sure to set meeting 90 days out.
- If you’ve achieved the goal, look to how you can replicate those future successes. Other side of the coin would be to evaluate what went wrong, how we can correct it, and look toward top of the funnel to see what went wrong, if there’s something missing in the training program that you can improve on.
2:27 Updating Training Materials
- Should look at this on quarterly basis or potentially every six months
- Update according to your industry (are you a tech company in need of software updates?)
- Insight into Peak’s Process and Training Program
- Set Activity Targets
03:19 Timeline for New Employees to Get Acclimatized
- 90 days within first quarter gives enough time for you to get to know the employee, confirm if it’s a good fit longterm but it goes both ways
- Top talent is capable of working at other companies…if you don’t hire them, your competitor probably will!
03:45 Measuring Success
- Did we achieve our goals or not?
- Make sure material gets read…check the boxes
- Bigger picture would be to ensure you are achieving your goals and make plans to improve
Reach out to the Peak Sales Team for your hiring needs: www.peaksalesrecruiting.com
Leads Digital Marketing Content Creation initiatives; a mix of target customer insights that drive compelling brand positioning, engaging content, and persuasive digital ads & calls-to-action to activate a positive customer journey & experience. Manages strategy, creativity and technology while working with creatives which all supports the Digital Campaign Team who generate & convert customer leads using SEO, SEM, Display, Mobile, Social Media and Email digital marketing campaigns.
Latest posts by Cierra C (see all)
- How Peak Found John Deere A Quality Sales & Ops Manager To Run 3 Busy Branches - June 30, 2021
- Remote Company Culture with PEAK’s Chief Spirit Officer - May 6, 2021
- HOW TO RESTORE YOUR SALES CULTURE REMOTELY PART 3 - April 1, 2021